Five reasons why a hand-written Valentine’s card is a winner
You may be short for time, and you may have bought an amazing present, or organised a really special evening for your Valentine, but take our advice: do not be tempted to skip the Valentine’s card! Here’s why:
- It’s a tangible thing your Valentine can hold, touch and keep. Texts, memes, GIFs and so on only last the lifetime of the device they’re on.
- The anticipation of opening the envelope and sliding out the card cannot be matched. To create even more excitement, post the card to your loved one. The extra effort will be appreciated and rewarded, we promise!
- Taking the time to write something personal and meaningful is worth more to your Valentine than any gift you can buy. If words aren’t your strong point, draw a picture or borrow some song lyrics.
- Your handwriting! These days, how many examples do we have of one another’s hand, as it used to be called? There is so much of your personality in your handwriting that even the most romantic text cannot convey.
- With the huge variety of cards available you’re sure to find one that fits your Valentine’s personality or sense of humour. A card can be a great way to share an in-joke or create a private tradition, strengthening your bond.
Take a look at some of our favourite cards here.
Comments are closed