This site is operated by Arboretum Lifestyle & Garden Centre ("We"). We are a partnership and our registered and trading address is:Arboretum Lifestyle and Garden Centre
+353 59 972 1558
Data Protection Policies
1. What is the GDPR?
GDPR is the General Data Protection Regulation. It comes into effect from 25 May 2018. It sets out a series of new EU laws concerning how data is processed and used. The objective of the regulation is to strengthen and standardise data protection laws for all EU citizens.
These regulations will apply to any organisation that controls and/or processes data on behalf of an individual or group of individuals. Those responsible for adhering to these regulations include employees of the organisation, including contractors, consultants, agents and third parties who have access to data either directly or indirectly.
2. What does this mean for Arboretum?
We have always appreciated your trust in us to collect, process and protect your information. As a data controller and processor of your personal information, we will continue to:
- Process your information in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
- Conduct our business in a fair and transparent way and ensure we minimise the risk of unfair outcomes for our customers
3. Contact Information of the Data Controller
You can contact us any time to:
- Request access to information that Arboretum has about you
- Correct any information that Arboretum has about you
- Delete information that Arboretum has about you
If you have any additional questions about Arboretum’s collection and storage of data, please contact us at:
Arboretum Home & Garden Heaven,
Old Kilkenny Road,
3.1 Data Protection Practitioner (DPP)
Our Data Protection Practitioner oversees how we collect, use, share and protect your information to ensure your rights are fulfilled. You can contact our Data Protection Practitioner at DPP@arboretum.ie or by writing to them at Data Protection Practitioner, Old Kilkenny Road, Leighlinbridge, Co. Carlow.
4. Data Collection
4.1 How we collect your information
We collect your information, for example when you register with our online platform or when you sign up with our A list programme. We will also collect information through CCTV footage.
Our website uses “cookie” technology. A cookie is a little piece of text that our server places on your device when you visit our website. They help is make the site work better for you. You can find out more about cookies Here
4.2 What information we collect about you
- Full name
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Payment Details
- Date of Birth
- IP address
- CCTV images
4.3 How we use your information
We may use the information we collect about you in a variety of ways, including to:
- process your purchases of or requests for products and services;
- communicate with you about orders, purchases, returns, services, programmes;
- respond to your customer service enquiries and requests for information;
- send you personalised promotions and special offers;
- inform you about our brands, products, events, or other promotional purposes;
- maintain, improve, and analyse our websites, mobile applications, ads, and the products and services we offer;
- detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud;
- maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes;
- facilitate the functionality of our websites and mobile applications;
- deliver gift cards or e-gifts in accordance with your instructions;
- provide important product safety information and notice of product recalls.
Sometimes we need your consent to use your personal information. We have controls to ensure that you are informed when making your decision and that you are aware that you can remove your consent at any time by contacting us. Our consent requests are built on the following principles:
- Positive Action - Clear affirmative action is required. We will no longer use pre-ticked boxes, imply or assume consent in the event of no positive action from you.
- Free will – Your consent must be freely given and not influenced by external factors.
- Specific – We will be clear on what exactly we are asking your consent for.
- Recorded – We will keep a record of your consent and how it was obtained.
- Can be withdrawn at any time – We will stop data processing requiring your consent at any time you make valid request.
6. Direct Marketing
For direct marketing, we need your consent to make you aware of products and services which may be of interest to you. We may do this by phone, post, email, text or through other digital media. You can decide how much direct marketing you want to accept when you apply for new products and services.
As part of our direct marketing, we analyse the information that we collect on you through your use of our products and services and on our website. This helps us understand your behaviour and how we interact with you. This enables us to personalise your experience and provide you with the most suitable products and services.
If we ever contact you to get your feedback on ways to improve our products and services, you have the choice to opt out.
7. Information Security
Your Personal Data is held on secure servers hosted by our dedicated hosting company Radius
The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
However, we will take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your Personal Data.
Nevertheless, we review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
We restrict access to personal information to Arboretum employees who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
8. Your rights as a Data Subject
8.1 Right to information
You have the right to request access to the information we have on you. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or DPP@arboretum.ie. We will make sure to provide you with a copy of the data we process about you. In order to comply with your request, we may ask you to verify your identity. We will fulfil your request by sending your copy electronically, unless the request expressly specifies a different method.
8.3 Right to rectification and erasure
If you believe that the information we have about you is incorrect, you are welcome to contact us so we can update it and keep your data accurate. Any data that is no longer needed for the purpose specified in information collection and use will be deleted. If at any point you wish for Arboretum to delete information about you, you can simply contact our data protection practitioner at DPP@arboretum.ie.
8.4 Right to restriction and objection
You may have the right to restrict or object to us processing your personal information. We will require your consent to further process this information once restricted. You can request restriction of processing where;
- The personal data is inaccurate and you request restriction while we verify the accuracy;
- The processing of your personal data is unlawful;
- You oppose the erasure of the data, requesting restriction of processing instead;
- You require the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims but we no longer require the data for processing;
- You disagree with the legitimate interest legal basis and processing is restricted until the legitimate basis is verified.
8.5 Right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw a previously given consent for processing of your personal data for a purpose. Arboretum will stop processing of the personal data that was based on the consent provided earlier. To withdraw consent you can contact us at email@example.com or DPP@arboretum.ie
8.6 Right to data portability
Where possible we can share a digital copy of your information directly with you or another organisation. We will provide this information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Note, we can only share this information where it has been processed automatically (hard copy documents are excluded for portability) and was processed under your consent or performance of a contract.
We do not share information processed under legal obligation or our legitimate interest for portability, in line with GDPR guidance.
8.7 The right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority
If you have a complaint about the use of your personal information, please let a member of staff in Arboretum know, giving us the opportunity to put things right as quickly as possible. If you wish to make a complaint you may do so in person, by phone, in writing and by email.
We will fully investigate all the complaints we receive. We ask that you supply as much information as possible to help us resolve your complaint quickly. You can contact our Data Protection Practitioner at DPP@arboretum.ie
You can also contact the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner in Ireland on the below details:
- Visit their website www.dataprotection.ie.
- Phone on +353 (0)57 8684800 or +353 (0)761 104 800
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to Data Protection Office, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 AP23. Or 21 Fitzwilliam Square, Dublin 2, D02 RD28, Ireland.